Indiana University Chinese Flagship – Hamilton Lugar School of Global and International Studies
- For the Chinese Flagship exhibit, I will start off with giving a brief presentation about the IU Chinese Flagship program using Powerpoint. After this presentation, I plan on opening up the floor for a Q&A session. Depending on the amount of people who attend, this could last anywhere from 15-30 minutes, or perhaps, even longer.
After the Q&A session, I plan on doing a presentation about Chinese culture. This presentation will include information about common things people associate with Chinese culture, as well as a fairly recent cultural phenomenon in China: Chinese rap.
- Indiana University Chinese Flagship – HLS – Home Page
(Links to an external site.)
- HLS 2021 Chinese Flagship Postcard Direct download
IU Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER)
Southeast Asian and ASEAN Studies program (SEAS)
- In lieu of a live Zoom session, the SEAS invites you to explore the two activities linked below to learn more about Indonesia and the Indonesian language. You are also welcome to browse the SEAS website for more information on the program.
- The SEAS program is presenting two activities for students interested in Indonesia and the Indonesian language. The first activity is a coloring sheet featuring an iconic Indonesian shadow puppet, or "wayang kulit." The second activity provides a glimpse into how old and deep Indonesian traditions such as storytelling influence youth today. It features a short video in Indonesian with English subtitles.
- SEAS – Home Page
Meeting ID: https://iu.zoom.us/j/86243835988
Department of Central Eurasian Studies
Inner Asian and Uralic National Resource Center
2pm - 4 pm
Drop in to chat with the language coordinator for Central Eurasian Studies department and ask any questions! We cover a lot of territory, from Northern Europe to Asia, as we teach the European languages (Finnish, Estonian, Hungarian), Turkish and Turkic languages in Central Asia (Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Uzbek, Uyghur), Mongolian, Tibetan and Persian as well as Sorani Kurdish.
IU Honors Program in Foreign Languages (IUHPFL)
- Since we will not be able to be present for the event, we encourage people to: